Are you ready to receive your monthly TESRS retirement?
- Do you have at least 10 years of TESRS qualified service?
Step 1: Review the Service Retirement Letter
Step 2: Complete and sign the following documents -
Step 3 : Mail or fax your TESRS Service Retirement Application Packet to the TESRS Benefits Team located at:
P.O. Box 12577
Austin, Texas 78711
Step 4: Review your TESRS Service Retirement Certification (SRC) -
- Your benefits specialist will send you your SRC for your approval. If we have your email address, we will email your SRC to you via DocuSign which will expedite the certification process.
- If you have any questions about your TESRS qualified service provided on your SRC, do not sign the document and contact TESRS.
- Any disputes regarding your qualified service must be resolved between you and your Local Board.
After your approval, your SRC is sent to your Local Board for certification
- After your approval, your SRC is sent to your Local Board for certification
Step 5: Local Board Certification -
- Your Local Board must hold a meeting within 16 days of receipt of your SRC to review and certify your information provided on the SRC.
- The Local Board presiding officer certifies the SRC by signature.
- The Local Board returns your certified SRC to our office.
Step 6: TESRS Executive Director’s Approval –
- Your certified SRC receives a final review for completeness.
- The TESRS Executive Director approves your SRC.
- Your TESRS first monthly benefit is scheduled for payment!